- NBS refers to Niseko Base Snow Sports – a rental, retail and snow sports school owned and operated by SkiJapan.com
- No employee, servant or agent of NBS has the authority to vary these conditions.
- All NBS services are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- You must have or you agree that you do have valid travel insurance which covers you for accidents or injuries sustained whilst undertaking snowsports activities.
- Payment of any monies constitutes acceptance of NBS terms and conditions.
- It is the responsibility of the person paying to inform all other people in the booking group of all terms, conditions and general info.
- The person who pays shall be primarily liable for all fees for the entire group in the event of any cancellation.
- All NBS product and service offerings are subject to availability.
- All NBS multi-day services are based on consecutive days.
- In taking a lesson with NBS the customer, parent or guardian understands that snow sports can be dangerous and may result in injuries. NBS will not be held liable for any injuries or accidents occurring before, during or after any service has taken place. NBS is not liable for any equipment that is lost or damaged during a lesson, this includes any replacement costs or lost lesson time.
- All lessons have a meeting time 15 minutes prior to lesson start time. Lesson bookings are deemed to be cancelled if the student does not show up within 20 minutes after the lesson start time.
- The “Super Saver” and 5 day consecutive packages do not allow for name, date or time changes and must be the same discipline i.e. ski or board for the duration.
- Cancellations by guest as a result of bad weather will not be refunded. Only official Resort staff can declare the mountain closed.
- There is no minimum age for children in Private ski or snowboard lessons however, NBS reserves the right to refuse the custom of any child who is not toilet trained.
- Private lesson prices include up to 5 people per lesson.
- Lift tickets must be purchased prior to the start of the lesson. Parents or guardians are responsible for ensuring their children have a valid lift ticket. Any part of any lesson missed as a result of not having a valid lift ticket is non-refundable or transferable.
- Extensions can be made prior to the equipment being returned to receive the continuous daily rate. Any subsequent rentals will be charged as a new rental period.
- Rental exchange between different equipment types and sizes of the same value for no additional cost is available FREE for all products in our deluxe package. For people renting standard equipment the following applies:
a. A maximum of 2 exchanges of the same type of equipment (i.e. ski to ski).
b. One exchange between different types of equipment (i.e. ski to snowboard).
- Pre-booked rental equipment can be picked up after 4pm of the preceding day, if you want to pick up earlier you will be charged an additional days rental.
- Children’s pricing is valid for children aged up to and including 14 years old at time of rental.
LOSS & DAMAGED RENTAL EQUIPMENT POLICY
Whilst normal wear and tear is expected, excessive damage will be charged subject to the repair cost at a maximum fee of 12 days rental of that individual item. Lost equipment will be charged at a replacement value of 12 days rental of that individual item, or the subsequent rental days until it is returned to the store – whichever is the lesser amount.
BOOKING & CANCELLATION POLICY
All NBS pre-booked services require a 10% non-refundable deposit within 7 days after confirmation. Final payment is due 30 days prior to travel. For bookings made within 30 days of travel full payment is required 7 days after confirmation.
Cancellation from time of booking till 30 days prior to travel = 10% fee (deposit).
Cancellation 29–15 days = 50% fee (10% deposit and 40% cancellation fee).
Cancellation within 14 days or less = 100% fee.
Bookings between peak dates (as per the NBS price pack) will incur a full cancellation fee of 100% if cancelled inside of 30 days. Any bank fee or associated cost in providing cancellation refunds are at the full cost and responsibility of the guest.