The team at Ski Japan Junior Training Academy (SJTA) are motivated by the evolution of the competitive ski and board scene. We believe that challenging the next generation of athletes is the key.
Now entering its 4th year of operation, our passion and drive to develop progressive camps that are fun, safe and challenging in specific disciplines such as GS, Moguls, Skiers\Boarder Cross and Slopestyle, has become a success.
The program aims to train aspiring junior skiers and boarders aged 7-18 years for success at the Inter-school competitions in the powder capital of the world – Niseko.
To better cater for its participants, Ski Japan Junior Training Academy is a mobile program which adapts to best suit the snow conditions in a number of local resorts, such as Kiroro, Moiwa and Rusutsu.
The camps are structured for 4 or 5 days, December through April, with weekly GS fun races rewarding the kids with a medal presentation. These camps can also be tailored for school groups.
It is important to understand that the SJTA is a mobile camp and as such the plan can/will change daily. The coaches are very skilled at planning and adapting the program to best suit the conditions on the day.
What to expect
- Daily Coaching
- Daily Lift Pass
- Daily Video Analysis
- Daily Lunch
- Transport from Niseko to the training Venue
- Weekly timed GS fun race with medal presentation.
The purpose of these camps is to prepare athletes for competition. As such it is important to train with the equipment you plan to compete on. The following is a list of items that we recommend:
- Competition skis (i.e. Race/Mogul/Freestyle) or snowboard
- Race suit (GS)/knee patches (moguls)
- Gear bag, extra layers etc.
CHECK YOUR LEVEL: ABILITY CHART
Schedule & Pricing
|Early Season||18 Dec 2017||22 Dec 2017||¥115,000|
|Christmas||26 Dec 2017||29 Dec 2017||¥95,000|
|New Year||01 Jan 2018||05 Jan 2018||¥115,000|
|Chinese New Year||18 Feb 2018||21 Feb 2018||¥95,000|
|Freestyle||01 Apr 2018||05 Apr 2018||¥115,000|
|Freestyle||15 Apr 2018||20 Apr 2018||¥138,000|
Terms & Conditions
In addition to the standard NBS Terms and Conditions, the following also applies for every child who participates in the SJTA program:
- By participating in the training offered by NBS, the customer, parent or guardian understands that snow sports can be dangerous and may result in injuries. NBS will not be held liable for any injuries or accidents occurring before, during or after the service has taken place. NBS is not liable for any equipment that is lost or damaged during this training. This includes any replacement costs or lost training time. NBS requires every participant to follow instruction from NBS personnel at all times.
- NBS requires anyone participating in these programs to have appropriate travel insurance with adequate snow cover.
- Parents or guardians of any child booked into the SJTA program MUST have fully completed a registration form prior to the lesson start time. Failure to do so could result in parents or guardians not being advised in the event of an emergency.
- In the event of an accident, NBS will endeavour to contact you immediately (Note: It is your responsibility to provide a contactable and working phone number)
- A shuttle bus will operate between NBS, at the base of Alpen Ridge in Hirafu, and Moiwa ski resort. All students are required to be dropped off and picked up by parents or guardians from NBS the appropriate start and finish times each day.
- In the event that an injury is sustained whilst on the program, NBS will call the Ski Patrol to provide first aid. If the Ski Patrol deems the injury worthy of Hospital treatment, Ski Patrol has the right to call an ambulance without your consent.
- All participants must be signed out by a parent or guardian at the conclusion of each day.
- To participate in the SJTA program students must be aged 7 and above and be a minimum of level 6 in ability according to the NBS ability chart.
- NBS reserves the right to merge groups of differing age and ability level.
- If a child is assessed on the first morning and is deemed by the coaches not to be of level 6 standard then SkiJapan reserves the right to transfer the lesson credit to the NBS KIDS CLUB program operating in Hirafu. No credit or refund refund will be given for the difference in cost.
Ski Japan reserves the right to change the program at any time to better suit the weather/snow conditions or to better suit the children’s ability and development plan.
- All SkierX and Mogul Training is subject to change based on the availability of terrain.
- NBS is not able to cater to individual food requirements. Children with food allergies/special requirements who are partaking in the program need to bring their lunch.
- Photographs or video may be taken of your child by NBS authorized photographers. These images may be used in public promotion or information.
- Cancellations by the guest as a result of bad weather will not be refunded. Only official Resort staff can declare the mountain closed.
- The running of all SJTA programs is subject to a minimum of 3 students per program week. If a SJTA program is not operated due to not reaching the minimum number requirement an alternative NBS program held in Hirafu, Niseko will be provided.
- Programs are offered over the course of one week consists of 4 or 5 days training. Individual days are not available. No refunds will be provided in the event the full program week is not utilised. Children can enroll in the 1 or 2 week program or any combinations.
- Unless booked as part of a SkiJapan.com travel package, in which their standard T&C’s will apply, a non-refundable deposit of $250 per student is required within 14 days after confirmation. Final payment is due 31 days prior to travel. For bookings made within 30 days of travel full payment is required 7 days after confirmation. Cancellation outside of 31 days will incur loss of deposit. Cancellation within 31 days will incur 100% cancellation fee.