Why Niseko Base Snowsports?
We love skiing, snowboarding and everything that is winter in Japan! We want to do everything we can to support you so that you love this place as much as we do! NBS and its parent company SkiJapan, started out small as a tight knit group of riders keen to share their passion with guests from all countries and cultures. Through the years we have grown to become the largest and longest serving inbound tour operator in Hokkaido with offices around the globe. Despite the growing size of the company, the smaller family feel still exists and the culture of friendship, sharing POW days and community live on!
We pride ourselves on our absolute professionalism and the outstanding quality of services that we provide. There may be many Snowsports Schools and Rental shops in the area but our philosophy and ethos stands out. Our success stems from our commitment to this culture and our team. If we’re all happy together, so too are our guests!
Please select a position that best shares your passion with the team and our guests!
NBS Front Desk & Reservations Consultant
NBS Rental/Retail Technician
NBS Kids Club Assistant
NBS Ski Instructors SHORT TERM (Dec-Feb)
NBS Ski Instructor FULL SEASON (Dec-Mar)
NBS Kids Ski Instructor SHORT TERM (Dec-Feb)
NBS Kids Ski Instructor FULL SEASON (Dec-Mar)
Positions will be listed [HERE] from 15 May 2017
- Review the Positions Vacant page on our website
- Complete an online application form
- Attach a cover letter, resume and photo of yourself
- Applications will be then be shortlisted late July
- If you are successful for an interview you will be contacted by end of July / early August
- Video Skype Interviews will be held through August
- Successful will be notified by the end of August
- Positions to start end of November/ Early December
A few hints for applying
All applicants need the following to be considered for any position with NBS:
- The ability to obtain a working/holiday visa (check if you’re eligible here: http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/w_holiday/)
- The necessary qualifications/experience for a sponsored working visa (a relevant qualification along with approx. 36 months of relevant full time experience is required for sponsorship).
- Ability to meet the grooming policy (neat and tidy hair at all times, clean shaven or beard trimmed with distinct lines, facial piercings removed, tattoos covered at all times, ability to look professional and wear the uniform as outlined in the staff handbook).
- The Right Attitude (We can train you to do your job but we can’t decide how you do it)
Life in Niseko
Life in Niseko is a fusion of Japanese culture, powder and a happening nightlife all set with the backdrop of the stunning Mt Yotei Volcano. Hirafu is the perfect introduction to Japan for those that don’t speak Japanese with most Hirafu businesses and guests speaking English. The Niseko United ski area is comprised of 4 ski resorts including Annupuri, Niseko Village, Hirafu and Hanazono. NBS is located in Hirafu which is the only ski area with a village at its base.
Hirafu is a thriving village with an abundance of restaurants, onsens, bars, retail shops, yoga studios, wellness spas, cafes, massage studios and accommodations. The village is 8-10 minute walk from top to bottom and is home to Niseko Base Snowsports and the SkiJapan travel company.
About 15 minutes by staff shuttle is Kutchan, a rural town where you will find the banks, post offices, supermarkets, gyms, health care, the train station and other local businesses. Kutchan is home to traditional Japanese cuisine, culture and nightlife.
Subsidized staff accommodation is available to all staff with twin, triple and quad share options available. Rental prices vary from 30,000 – 65,000yen per month depending on the location, size and share option. We have a number of staff accommodations in both the Hirafu Village and Kutchan (15 mins away on the regular staff shuttle) with a place to suit everyone’s taste and budget.
Getting around Hirafu is easy as it is small and everything is within a short walk. NBS/SkiJapan makes getting to Kutchan and back easy with a FREE staff shuttle bus constantly looping between the 2 villages. It is a short 15 minute trip on the bus. Alternatively there are regular public buses and also taxis for about 2,500yen
Advantages of working with NBS
- Incentivized Pay Structure
- High Quality Onyone Instructor uniform
- FREE Season Lift Pass (Instructors will be issued a Commercial Niseko United All Mountain Pass while all other positions include a Hirafu/Hanazono season pass or access to one)
- FREE Mobile Phone – with unlimited calls and texts between team members
- FREE Staff Shuttle between Hirafu & Kutchan, all day, every day – Great for shopping and nights out!
- FREE Gear Rentals & Ski/ Snowboard lessons with Niseko Base Snowsports
- FREE & discounted tours and cultural activities
- FREE high speed Wi-Fi and subsidized staff accommodation
- Pick up service upon arrival in resort
- Well located staff locker rooms
- Extensive Staff Discounts and deals from our partners in Hirafu Village & Kutchan
- Holiday discounts for family and friends of staff
- Departmental benefits, rewards and incentives
- Comprehensive company induction training program including a free cultural day tour.
- Comprehensive in-house training program for instructors led by trainers from around the world
- Regular staff events, activities and parties
- Assistance with visas, foreigner registration & government paperwork
WE REALLY HOPE THAT YOU COME
AND JOIN US IN NISEKO, JAPAN!